Veteran Slayers and rookies alike, now is the perfect time to take up your sword and forge your legend. Customize your character with new options, sport your favorite weapon and armour sets, and experience an all new prologue sequence to Dauntless.
Featured in Patch 0.2.7 are brand new character customization options, including all-new hairstyles and the option to add makeup. You can expect more improvements and options on the road to Open Beta, including beards and face paint in a future patch. Community feedback was instrumental in helping us improve the character creator and we appreciate everyone’s help thus far. We’re only getting started!
Additionally Slayers are now able to change their appearance in Ramsgate by visiting the Stylist, Gregario Flynt. To celebrate, we’re giving all Slayers one free optional character appearance reset. After that, only Slayers with the Style Hunter Boost will be able to alter their appearance with Gregario.
Because your appearance is so important, we’ve also added a new feature that will let you choose whether you want to show or hide your helmet while in the Shattered Isles. Note that while your helm is hidden, you will still receive the armour bonuses and benefits of having it equipped.
Expand Your Arsenal
Weapons & Armour
We’ve been hard at work updating and adding new art and skins for weapons and armour since we launched the Founder’s Alpha earlier this year. There has been a ton of community enthusiasm around each new weapon and armour piece that we’ve released, and we have redoubled our efforts to get final art for the weapons and armour currently in the game. While there are still a few left to finish, we will strive to include final art for all future weapons and armour upon their release.
Slayer in Training
New Player Experience
Welcoming new Slayers to the Shattered Isles is something very important to us. While Dauntless is a challenging game, we believe in making everyone’s training as smooth as possible. We want to set all Slayers up with the tools they need to be successful. To that end we’re reworking the introductory experience. This patch introduces a new tutorial island experience and very soon we’ll present Slayers with a new cinematic introduction to the world of Dauntless!
It’s Haunting Season
The skies have gone dark, the pumpkins are sprouting, and the Behemoths are teaming up in terrifying new combinations. The Dark Harvest is here, Slayers, and that means the chance to face horrifying hunts, collect unique seasonal items, and earn exclusive Dark Harvest rewards.
How can you participate? It’s easy.
- After completing Tooth and Talon, seek out Xelya the Farslayer on the Ramsgate docks. She’ll start you on a series of new dual-Behemoth hunts with challenging combinations only seen during the long, dark night.
- On these hunts you can gather unique items and collect seasonal Behemoth drops.
- Take your Dark Harvest crafting materials to Bosun Markus Boehr to create consumable items or Stylist Gregario Flynt to craft banner materials, sigils, emotes, and flares.
The Dark Harvest lasts from October 31st through November 7th. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the harrowing action! You can get all the details here.
Weapons and Armour
- Added new Stormclaw Sword.
- Added new Pangar Chainblades.
- Added new Hellion Axe.
- Added new Shrowd Axe.
- Updated and improved the Borrowed Armour.
- Updated and improved the Borrowed Chain Blades.
- Added a new dodge move for the hammer (double tap secondary attack) where you do a blast evade with your hammer. At the cost of some ammo, this does damage to anything around the blast point and gives you additional invulnerability frames. This new move is part of our continued process to update the combat system, so be sure to stay tuned for more!
- Updated the hammer launch move so that it can now be done as soon as the button is pressed instead after reaching sprint speed.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t progress above Tier 3 for the Deadeye Hammer.
- Fixed a bug where players were not able to progress the Ragetail Hammer past Tier 1.
- Updated lanterns so that they now might have resistance bonuses to specific damage types (blaze, frost, radiant, etc.) in addition to the base physical resistance.
Quality of Life
- Added an all new tutorial island that will better get new Slayers acquainted with Dauntless.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to crash whenever they were doing a revive.
- Players are now able to update their appearance in Ramsgate by visiting Gregario.
- Added multiple new hairstyles and makeup options to the character creator.
- Players are now able to choose different options on how they wish to set their helmet visibility.
- Updated and cleaned up elemental damage, resistances and stats to be more understandable and balanceable. This includes changes to having elemental Behemoths do less physical damage and more elemental damage and improvements to armour elemental resistances.
- Added a new Slayer Power Rating on the hunt board. This is the average of the player's weapon power and total armour resistance.
- Replaced placeholder VO with real actors, for Markus (the Bosun), Kat (the Mentor), Gregario (the Stylist), Arkan (the Aethersmith), Gaius (the Cartographer) and Visima (the Wayfinder). Characters will continue to be updated in future patches.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to be unable to unsheathe their weapons after climbing up a ledge.
- Added in-place patching to the Patcher which is now faster and will allow patches to be interrupted and when resumed they will continue from where they were.
- Fixed a bug where Shrowd could sometimes teleport off the edge of the map.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Rezakiri from dissolving on end of hunt screen.
- Added a new music piece that plays when reaching 100 danger. It will play until the Behemoth flees or the player dies.
- Rezakiri has had a full sound design pass, replacing the placeholder audio.
- Fixed a bug that caused footstep sound effects to seem like they were coming from a different location when walking.
- Fixed a variety of visual bugs related to floating objects.
- Patched some holes in the maps that allowed players to fall through.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to get stuck on certain rocks in the Arid biome.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to get stuck when sheathing/unsheathing.