Our next patch has released and contains a variety of bug fixes and optimizations. Thank you to everyone who has participated in the Founder’s Alpha and supported Dauntless!
It’s not the size, it’s how you use it
Fixed an issue that caused the Patcher to show the full game file size instead of size of package being downloaded
All I Ennead is You
Installer now requires DirectX9 to remove issues some players were having with incorrect version of DirectX
Can You Hear Me Now?
Fixed an issue that caused Chat messages to be delayed, or appear to come from other game areas
Only the Finest Ingredients
Adjusted quest giver text throughout progression to remove incorrect/misleading ingredients
I Asked for a Car, I Got a Computer
Adjusted journal text to remove incorrect details for behemoths, environments, and ingredients
Adjusted quest flow progression to reduce instances of quests not completing/advancing to next step
Island to the Danger Zone
Adjusted Danger values on Hunt Board to show low, medium, and high to better reflect player vs behemoth power differentiation
Stop Playing with My Emotions
Fixed an issue that made it difficult to equip emotes (particularly on controller)
One Job at a Time
We now stop you from crafting when in a matchmaking queue. This will reduce the frequency players load into islands not wearing their gear or missing other loadouts.
The Pen is Mightier
Fixed a bug that caused touch and pen devices to misbehave
Dude, Where’s My Dartweed?
Crafting interfaces will now show more details on where to find the ingredients in question
Continued to update various menus and screens to handle controller input and selection
Added new icons for the Chain Blades in the crafting menus
Chroma Cores Descriptive Text has been updated
I Will Revive
Revive Talisman’s description and ingredients differentiated by type
Reach for the Skay
Created Skay Hide object from breaks on many behemoths
Zed’s Dead, Baby. Zed’s Dead.
Fixed up grammar and consistency issues on the Huntboard
Fixed a copy-paste issue that caused there to be two Dewspine objects. Now we have Sleekspine!
Only the Monstrous
Renamed the Ionian Rise to become the Monstrous Verge
How Precisely Will the Mighty Fall?
Updated text for Mighty Will Fall quest to clarify the completion requirements
Guildy as Charged
Adjusted flow for creating and leaving Guilds
Player and Movement
Rock Your Body
Improved collision and movement friction between players
I Believe I Can Fly
Improved jumping on cliff edges
I Believe I Can Touch the Sky
Player climb up height adjusted to allow for easier climb up at edges
Weapons and Armour
Axe You What’s In Store
Fixed an issue that prevented axe charges to not store/grant meter to subsequent attacks in a combo
Shave and a Haircut
Fixed instances of hair clipping through various helmets when equipped
See My Vest
Updated recipes for armour pieces and weapons for the following behemoths:
- Ragetail Gnasher
- Moonreaver Shrike
Fixed skinning issues on Pangar Armour
Removed the relationship between relative damage to the Behemoth and the number of frames in the Hit Pause effect. This should improve the feel of the hits overall.
Added small high turn warp windows for all weapon types during the start of combos and combo cross overs (eg. X->Y)
Get Outta Dodge
Player Dodges now can potentially go through Behemoths, allowing the players to get stuck less
That Doesn’t Go There
Adjusted ingredients for crafting various armour pieces and weapons to remove incorrect ingredients
His Name Was Stampy
Tuned Tail Damage windows on Pangar during his foot stomp
The Legend Discontinues
Removed unused Epic and Legendary drops from all Fauna
Leave the Gun. Take the Cannoli
Fixed ingredients for Blaze Resist, Lifesteal, and Healing Pylon to allow them to be crafted
Light of my Life
Improved Archonite Lantern ingredients to make it more craftable
Those Are the Breaks
Reduced the damage bonuses applied from the Breaker aspects
Islands and City
Don’t Stop the Music
Fixed an issue that caused music on islands to fade out and stop playing
Wham, Bam, Thank You, Ram
Fixed an issue that caused rams in desert environments to not drop ingredients
Unstuck On You
Adjusted collision in a number of areas where players could become stuck near NPCs in Ramsgate
Are You Being Servered?
Optimized NPCs in Ramsgate to improve server performance
Everything the Sun Touches
Lighting and visual updates for desert environments
Can’t Stop. Won’t Stop.
There is a now a shared set of islands and atmospheres for behemoth hunts that can share both biomes. They can appear at dawn, sunset, or night on any of the snowy or mossy islands. This is for Gnasher, Shrike, Quillshot, Drask, Nayzaga
Improved performance of Benson and his Ram-friends in the city. They are no longer behemoth class AI
Fixed an issue that caused Stormclaw’s electric fences to remain after being destroyed
Improved the variety of islands chosen on certain hunts
Charogg headbreaks provide new specific loot options as well as shared body break options
You Ready for This?
Shockmane has a new specific audio treatment
Stuck In the Middle With You
Quillshot’s collision should no longer allow the player to get stuck in his shoulder regions
Rezakiri animations have had a polish pass
Stop! He’s Already Dead!
Fixed an issue that caused behemoths to target dead Slayers
Smoothed out turning and movement for Behemoths
If You Have to Drask…
Improved collision on Drask tail and claw swipe attacks
Improved collision on Charrogg tail swipe and sideswipe attacks
Tuning pass and new beam behaviors on Rezakiri
What Big Teeth You Have
Tuning pass on Gnasher’s movement speed, lunge attack, and rage
Just a Flesh Wound
Embermane now makes noise when you cut his tail off
Projectiles Audio pass
Come On and Slam
Tuning pass on Shrike’s double fist slam to be more threatening
You Only Die Once
Fixed Shrowd corruption damage, preventing it from killing you twice
Rollin Rollin Rollin
Pangar animations have had a polish pass
Put the Glasses On! Put ‘em On!
Improved Error logging on the crash reporter. Players may notice the time it takes to report a crash increasing, but the extra data will be super helpful for us.
It’s Dangerous to Go Alone, Take This
Various crash fixes based on reports from the community. Make sure to hit that send button on the crash reporter!
You’ve Got Mail
Improved error handling on item drops to reduce instances of item grants missing items
There’s No ESC
Pressing ESC during the intro cinematics no longer breaks the game
It’s Dead, Jim
VGI permanently disabled as it is currently causing more issues than the performance improvements warrant
I Get Knocked Down, Now I Get Up Again
Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes not play the animation when they stand up after being revived
My Log Does Not Judge
Improved robustness of the inventory backend
CLOSED BETA - KNOWN ISSUES
- We’ve been hard at work squashing bugs and making improvements to Dauntless. Thank you to everyone for their patience and continued support! Your feedback has been instrumental in helping us track down these issues.
- We’re still resolving issues around in-game chat and expect to have this fixed in an upcoming patch in the very near future.
- We appreciate everyone’s patience while we uncover progression blocking bugs. We believe we’ve found most of them at this point, if you are still stuck please contact [email protected]
- We’re still optimizing performance, especially in Ramsgate, during this time please try lowering your graphic settings to improve your FPS and prevent crashes.
- When redeeming a code on www.PlayDauntless.com, please ensure you are logged out of the game. Once your code has been redeemed, log back in.
- Please do not log into Dauntless from multiple places at the same time, it can lead to data corruption.
- Sometimes game servers take up to 5 minutes to properly start. If you hang on a loading screen and return to the main menu, please try logging in again.
- Occasionally the hunt board will not connect to a hunt. If this happens, please log out and log back in and try again.
- Behemoths may occasionally walk in irregular patterns.
- Many menus, icons, and controller support are still a work in progress. Please use mouse and keyboard when controller is not fully supported.
- Clicking on an armour item with elemental resistance multiple times will cause the resistance number to increase in the Loadout screen. This is a visual bug only and does not affect actual stats or gameplay.
- If Patcher is not updating correctly, rebooting your PC should resolve the issue
- If Chat is not functioning in game, log out and login again to resolve the issue
We are aware of an issue causing arm and leg armour upgrades for the following Behemoths to not upgrade correctly (appears to upgrade from Tier 7 back down to Tier 5)