OB 0.5.12 increases the drop rate on body part breaks, improves the dye system, and crushes bugs into paste.
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
- Preview dyes before you buy. This patch gives Slayers the option to preview any dye on their armour – including colours they don’t yet own. (No more guessing what “Blood Moon” looks like!) As part of these changes, you can also now purchase new dyes through the preview interface after you fall in love with a colour. Gamepad users: This system should be much easier to navigate than the old one. Be sure to tell us what you think!
DAILY/WEEKLY CHALLENGE CHANGES
- Added new elemental weapon challenges to the list of weekly Weaponsmith Challenges:
- Blazing Fever (10 blaze kills)
- Frost Hazard (10 frost kills)
- Shocking Display (10 shock kills)
- Dark Days (10 umbral kills; unlocks at Maelstrom)
- Chasing the Sun (10 radiant kills; unlocks when Slayers reach Rezakiri)
- Added two new daily Slayer Challenges:
- Thornbound (Hunt Koshai)
- Dancing Shadows (Hunt Riftstalker)
- Changed the requirements for four existing weekly Slayer Challenges (changes shown in italics):
- Winged Aggressors – Hunt Shrike or Kharabak (5)
- Blazing Coals – Hunt Embermane or Charrogg (5)
- Plates and Spines – Hunt Pangar or Nayzaga (5)
- Night’s Cloak – Hunt Shrowd or Riftstalker (5)
Removed all Armoursmith Challenges tied to (a) reviving and (b) elemental resistance.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Dyadic Drift expeditions to unlock early.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Completed a massive optimization pass on Slayers, the HUD, lanterns, and trees, and reduced the distance at which complex graphics load for users. This should help improve performance for everyone. Internally, we’ve measured as much as a 10-15 FPS gain on some systems but we’d love to hear how it’s working for you. You can leave your feedback either on Reddit (/r/dauntless) or the official Dauntless forums. Thank you!
Lanterns and grenades will no longer appear to do part damage to broken Behemoth parts or cores.
Expose and Stagger damage text will now fly off to the side instead of overlapping with base damage text.
Fixed a bug that could cause it to rain inside the cave on Sovereign’s Throne.
Fixed a bug that could cause trees to scale strangely after being broken.
Molten Edict’s standing shot ground fire explosion and fire pool will no longer display for other players. This is part of an effort to help decrease visual noise during battle.
Removed an outdated warning about cells being “consumed” during the cell infusion process. (They are not consumed.)
Fixed a bug that could cause the Riftstalker’s parts to display damage numbers even after being broken.
The end of hunt rating system (1-5) has been replaced by an occasional, random feedback question. Let us know if you get one!
Fixed a bug that could cause the cell cooking sound to play on repeat in certain circumstances.
Stamina Potion effects will no longer disappear when a player is hit by the Koshai leaf shield.
Blitz Tonic, Frenzy Tonic, Bulwark Tonic, and Lifedrain Tonic effects will now persist when a Slayer is downed and revived (instead of simply disappearing).
Adjusted the spawn rate on Riftstalker weapon and prism orbs. After reaching five orbs, the likelihood of spawning an additional orb slightly decreases. Each subsequent spawned and active orb (above five) reduces the chance of spawning another.
The Nayzaga’s shock towers are no longer immune to shock weapons. (But they still have shock resistance.)
Doubled the drop rate of rare “body” part breaks such as Glistening Fur, Pristine Moonfeather, and Flawless Spinehide.
Behemoths may occasionally walk or move in irregular patterns. Fix this by slaying them.
All other currently known issues can be found on the forums.