Ice to Meet You
New Holiday Event, Frostfall
The Shattered Isles have descended into a bone-chilling cold and frosty danger is beckoning on the frontier. Embark on multiple quest lines that will put your frost-fighting abilities to the test. Push back Behemoths surging with frost aether and keep Ramsgate safe during the chill of Frostfall! Slayers that test their skills stand to earn unique consumables, exclusive titles, exciting emotes, and some limited time in-store offerings. Read more about everything coming in Frostfall.
You’ll find the streets of Ramsgate decorated in honour of the Frostfall Queen to match the blanket of soft, silent snow that’s falling across the Isles. It’s a time to share warming drinks with friends, share gifts, and hurl a snowball or two! Discover the history of Frostfall and what it means for the citizens of Ramsgate.
the Gray Beard
Character Customization Options (Beards & Facepaint)
Your Slayer is an extension of who you are, and we’ve heard from players that their vision isn’t quite complete without beards. That’s why we’re adding the option to become as rugged, suave, or disheveled as you’d like. It’s no coincidence that this newfound level of follicle freedom may raise a few eyebrows as we’ll also be adding options to customize the fuzz above your eyes as well! If you’re looking to get in touch with your inner Farslayer, we’re also introducing face paints (which are totally tactical).
Make Your List, Check It Twice
Introduction of Gifting
We’d rather bare-knuckle brawl a Pangar in a snowstorm than brave the ordeals of holiday travel. But what if your friends could join you in the Shattered Isles without needing to leave home? By popular demand, we’re introducing the ability to gift prospective Slayers with a Founder’s Pack that will have them by your side in the Shattered Isles in an instant. Fill out your hunting party, forge unbreakable bonds, or put a friend’s skills to the test. They don’t even have to wait in long lines or take their shoes and belts off first!
Weapons and Armour
- Rewards for active reloads: fun. Punishment for slipping: not fun. Hammers will now only have two ammo types (strong and normal) instead of three. There is now only blue for successful reloads and yellow for normal reloads.
- Primed hammer shots weren’t quite contributing enough to break parts and staggers. They now improve base damage rather than applying a second damage impact.
- Added a Borrowed Mask for Slayers that are just starting out. This will also help Slayers who are “uniquely appealing” in their appearance.
- We’ve still got more work to do with swords, but all sword attacks are now capable of interrupting Behemoths in the interim.
- Temporarily removed the ability for Slayers to level up Gnasher, Shrike and Quillshot gear into Ragetail, Moonreaver and Deadeye gear due to potential crash issues. This will be re-added at a later date when we can ensure stability. Error: Stacked overflow!
- You’ve asked for more gear variety and we’ve heard you loud and clear. Weapons and Armor crafted in The Monstrous Verge feature a variety of unique gameplay effects.
- Improved the sounds of chain blades impact audio to give it more whooshiness!
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused lanterns to permanently lower resistance after having a cell infused.
- Fixed a bug that caused chain blades pull ability to only bring the player ¾ of the way to the Behemoth.
- Fixed a bug that caused Quillshot axe special attacks to sometimes not do damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Sundering Vigour cell to not work properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Slayers to slide around when using the War Pike special attack. Fixed due to the lack of kickflips.
- Fixed a bug that caused the back of Slayers heads to poke through certain helmets. Helmets are now 2.34% more safe.
- Frost aether charged Behemoths have grown stronger and Slayers will need to push them back during limited time Frostfall hunts.
- Aether-powered bug zappers double as entertainment devices in the backwaters of the Shattered Isles. We’ve taken inspiration from this, and Kharabak is now weak against shock damage.
- Added new damage visuals to Behemoths to make it more apparent when they are taking damage over the course of the fight.
- Fixed a bug that caused Charrogg, Shrike, and Skraev to not properly show damage progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kharabak’s tail to not drop anything when it was broken.
- Fixed a bug that caused Deadeye Quillshot to not drop anything on body breaks.
Quality of Life
- Patrols have been great for smoothing out matchmaking, but we’ve heard that you’re looking for more incentive to roll the dice. Slayers who participate in and complete patrol hunts will now receive a bonus to their Aether Core Points.
- Added all new character customization options that include various eyebrow, beard, and tactical face paint selections.
- Decreased the amount of time it takes for players to dodge or sprint immediately after being hit or knocked down by a Behemoth.
- Increased the amount of health that players receive when using Improved Revive Stims or Improved Team Revive Stims.
- Party members will now be granted pursuit rewards instead of patrol rewards when the party leader queues up for a pursuit hunt.
- Added new quests and progression to allow Slayers to progress up to Rank 20. In parity with some bug fixes, this will allow Slayers to take on challenging hunts that they couldn't reach before. Welcome to the party, pal!
- Restructured multiple recipes that used to require incorrect gatherables or break parts.
- Fixed numerous bugs that caused part breaks to not drop correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to get stuck in the Help screen after reporting a player or sending feedback.
- Fixed various bugs that caused players to be unable to turn in some quests after hitting Rank 15.
Ramsgate and the Shattered Isles
- Frostfall has descended on the Shattered Isles. Snow and festivities coat Ramsgate and have extended to the greater Shattered Isles.
- Looking for a challenge or a change of pace? Check out hunt modifiers which will alter specific hunts.
- Improved the layout of multiple islands to reduce the potential Slayers getting stuck.
Note to self: quicksand.
- Added a new quick animation when players are running by and grabbing flora gatherables. Cool mushrooms, beware.
- Added a new dissolve animation for flora after being gathered.
- Added additional voiceover lines for NPCs to give better variation to the lines that players hear when walking through Ramsgate.
- Added a new piece of music that plays in Ramsgate. This will increase ambience by 23.4%
- Improved the sound effects when Slayers walk on snow, shoot their flares or call in an airdrop.
- All the seagulls in Ramsgate have flown south due to the chill of Frostfall. Distant scrawwwwww.
- Fixed a bug that caused Slayers to be visible on the Shattered Isles for a moment prior to dropping from the Airship.
- Fixed a bug that caused the region selector to sometimes not work properly when switching between US/EU/AUS.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to potentially get kicked for being AFK when they were actively using menus.
- Fixed a bug that caused some offence and defence items to get switched in the consumable menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused lipsync for NPCs to not work all the time. There are still some minor bugs here that we are continuing to squash.
The Frostfall banner plant/emote may cause occassional crashes. We are aware and looking into what's causing this!
Menus, icons, and controller support are a continued work in progress. Please use a mouse and keyboard where a controller is not fully supported. The Airship Ready Room has limited controller functionality that we are working to expand upon in the future.
We’re continuing to optimize and improve performance, especially in Ramsgate. If your game is crashing while joining or while in Ramsgate, please try lowering your graphic settings (especially resolution).
The newly added systems are a continued work in progress and will continue to be tweaked and changed as we gather feedback and data from players.
Individuals patrons may be listed twice in the core opener, this is a display bug and does not mean they are applying a double boost.
Do not log into Dauntless from multiple places at the same time. It will lead to account data corruption.
If you are in a party and your game crashes, you will need to leave that party before you can depart on a new hunt.
When you salvage an item, you will need to fully exit the menus before the notes show up in your inventory.
When you purchase any items from the in-game store, you will need to fully exit the menus before they will show up in your inventory.
Founders credits are currently missing from the main menu, we are aware and are working to add this back ASAP!
Some Behemoths may not drop style cores, we are currently looking into why this is.
Behemoths may occasionally walk in irregular patterns. Fix this by slaying them.